Am I able to run auto-updates?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Am I able to run auto-updates?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theape
    theape
    Participant

Am I able to run auto-updates? I run a development website which is hidden, code changes and plugin updates are pushed to my live (public) website once I’ve tested them. I don’t have any issues with automatic updates from WordPress or CodeCrayon via Envato with this system, but I can’t seem to get them to work for ASP.

Normally I upload plugins via the Dev website and add license codes to the Live, I then push DB back to the Dev website from the Live, which then allows the Dev to do auto-updates as there is only FTP access to the Dev instance. Do you have any solution or do I have to do manual updates every time there is a change, as that is my only option?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this case I recommend activating the automatic update license on the dev site only, since that one is pushed to the live.
    If the development site is on the dev., test., staging., development. subdomains, then you can activate on both, the update checker will allow that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

theape
    theape
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, I get the issue now. Well, we had to add a host check, because otherwise people were installing the plugin all over the place and activated the auto-updates for dozens of sites without having actually separate licenses.
    There is still hope though. If you have any control over the migration process, then all you need is one row from the wp_options table. The option asp_update_data holds the local copy of the key and host, and it is overwritten any time there is a change.
    However, when you do a push from the live DB to the dev, if you can, make a copy of that row from the wp_options table, save it somewhere and after the database push just copy it back. That could work without having another license for no reason.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.