AND variable not working??

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support AND variable not working??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wolfproductions
    wolfproductions
    Participant

Hi, hope you can help! 🙂

Please see video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ztlk2ervz57gnv/exclude.mp4?dl=0

Essentially: So for example someone ticks Low Carb and Veggie, it will display ALL Low Carb (BUT some will include MEAT ones because they have the MEAT and Low Carb tags…)

Running the latest version of the plugin, so I don’t know what I am doing wrong?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the proper details and the video, it helps us tremendously.

That option does not affect the filter, it is only to set the keywords logic, entered into the search input field. I believe I understand what you need, you want a filter that is restrictive the more checkboxes are checked. There is an option for taxonomy terms to work that way, but not for pos tags yet (I see you use post tags).
    However, with a custom code, it is possible to enforce this strict logic, so that all terms selected in the checkbox should match, but the unchecked ones are actually ignored (otherwise overlapping items would be excluded).
    Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

This should get you very close to what you expect.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wolfproductions
    wolfproductions
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.