appearing in suggested search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support   appearing in suggested search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    davisad
    davisad
    Participant

On this search:

https://dev.thebankofcanton.com/meet-the-team/

If you type in “jon parsons” (who doesn’t exist), the results will show a suggestion for “don parsons”, which is a valid page. However, when you click on the name the search bar gets filled in with “don parsons” which aside from being confusing for the user, doesn’t come back with a valid result.

I was able to do some jQuery to fix it:

$('.asp_main_container').on('asp_results_show', function() {
      $('.asp_keyword')->each(function() {
        $(this).html($(this).html().replace(/ /, ''));
      });
    });

I don’t have this code running on there to show you guys the problem. Is this something that could be fixed with a setting or is this something that could be patched in a newer version? I don’t want to have to work around the plugin if I don’t have to.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is definitely an unknown bug yet. It looks like if the keyword content contains HTML special characters, then some might not be decoded properly. Your fix looks great for now, but I will make sure that this is patched for the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.