ASP and custom fields

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jelk Jelk 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jelk
    Jelk
    Participant

Hi, (again)
    I am using ASP and are generating custom fields with predefined values with the pluging Advanced Custom Field on portfolio pages. I can NOT understand how te get it to present any results as I think I am doing something wrong. The search instance I am using is “custom fields” in the ASP and ACF (Egna fält in Swedish.) / Dansval. How do i get ASP to find and retrive the values?
    I hope you can help me out here as I am realy stuck and out of options.

Regards,

Håkan Jelk

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jelk,

Thank you for the proper description!

You have stumbled upon a very rare, known bug, which affects the current release. Basically if only custom fields are selected as a search source, the search sometimes does not trigger correctly. I’ve already identified this issue and will roll out a release after the holydays.

As a temporary fix, I have enabled the “Search in permalinks” option on the General Options -> Sources panel, to trigger the search correctly and search the selected custom fields as well. I’ve choosen this option, because it has the least effect on the expected results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jelk
    Jelk
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for helping me out. I think this is a great plug-in. I will now start to increase the filtering functions and will get back if I find anything unsolvable.

Wish you a happy holiday!

/Håkan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.