Auto Child Checkbox unchecking and Filtering Options

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Auto Child Checkbox unchecking and Filtering Options

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by teamcbms teamcbms 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    teamcbms
    teamcbms
    Participant

Hi,

I’m happy to grant you access to this Dev server but I would need your IP address to whitelist you.

I have two questions I’ve been unable to find the answer to.

1. Is it possible to automatically uncheck all Child boxes of a category in the filters list when unchecking the Parent? Currently if I uncheck the parent, the child results do not display (which is the expected result) but the boxes stay checked in the filter list. From a U/I standpoint it’s a little confusing.

2. We have a list of team members (custom post type) that we have a specific search set up for. Several team members have multiple categories assigned to them (“investment advisor” and “wealth manager” for example). When I remove one of the categories from the filter list of category checkboxes, it removes the person with that category (of course). But if I’m looking for a wealth manager and not an investment advisor, how do I keep people on the results who are both? From a logic standpoint, the only thing I can think of is to separate the two into two different taxonomy types and list them as separate filters. Is that possible? It’s almost the reverse of filtering. Include if checked not remove if unchecked.

Thanks,
    Scott

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Scott!

1. It’s not yet possible. I’m going to add a script feature so this will happen automatically in the upcoming version. There is no quick fix I could suggest until then unfortunately, it’s a bit more complicated.

2. I think you need to change the term logic. By default all terms have to match from the selected sub-set in order to give you results.
    On the Frontend Search Settings -> Advanced panel change the Category/Taxonomy terms logic option to At leaset one of the terms should match value: https://i.imgur.com/L15XV06.png

That will change the logic to a less strict one, where matching only 1 term is enough.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

teamcbms
    teamcbms
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks Ernest!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Auto Child Checkbox unchecking and Filtering Options’ is closed to new replies.