Big database indexing issues

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Big database indexing issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    oMouxtis76
    oMouxtis76
    Participant

Dear support. I want to congratulate you on this plugin. I loved it. So my problem now is indexing. i have a very big if not the biggest online store in Cyprus. My database is very large and i am trying to index it through the plugin but every time it fails. i did index it at the beginning of my website when it was smaller and it worked but now i am getting errors. it shows an 500 error. I currently have a dedicated server which is quite strong i might say. I tried increasing all of the php limits and also lower the Post limit per iteration but i am still having trouble. I don’t mind if the indexing will take a few days i can wait. but i really need it done. my search bar doesn’t show anything correctly which is associated with the keyword.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

Error 500 usually means that the server can not handle the requests. Instead of finishing the whole indexing on the back-end, try turning on the Cron Job. It will slowly but surely index the contents in the background: https://i.imgur.com/I2VMb7y.png
    That process will be less demaning, and much slower, but works in the background, and should eventually complete the index.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

oMouxtis76
    oMouxtis76
    Participant

Hello. thank you for your quick response. Just to be clearer my database is 365 gb of data. can you please let me know what values would be best for the plugin to index it?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is indeed a huge database. I think I would only recommend indexing the product titles, that should be more than sufficient: https://i.imgur.com/cUJOqah.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.