Boolean syntax search operators

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Boolean syntax search operators

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lawsociety31
    lawsociety31
    Participant

Hi,

We recently installed Ajax Search Pro, and are really impressed! I have a question which I cannot find the answer to on Google. Is it possible to have the Search do advanced Searches that include Search Operators (Boolean syntax)? I have attached an example of the Operators we would like to use. We would like to have Search instance on one of our webpages with Advanced search features.

Thanks so much for your help!

Paul

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by lawsociety31 lawsociety31.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I’m afraid this is not possible. You can adjust a static keyword logic, but no boolean operators. The quote character ” does work though, the quoted text is considered as a single keyword.
    It is very unlikely we can add these in the future – mainly because the search itself runs on the local wordpress databases, and these would introduce a major performance issue (especially on larger tables).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.