Bugs in settings?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Woon
    Woon
    Participant

Dear reader,

First of all, my compliments for this really great and versatile plugin!

I am writing because I am experiencing these two bugs:

1) general options –> logic & behaviour -> trigger live searching when typing –> if have that option enabled and also have a value in “minimal character count to trigger search” , then disabling “trigger live search when typing” has no effect, and it stays enabled.
    In other words: disabling “trigger live search when typing” only has effect .. if the input field for “minimal character count to trigger search” is emtpy.

2) general options –> logic & behaviour -> action when pressing return –> Custom redirect URL –> only respects the custom URL setting in the
    when “Trigger live search when typing?” is enabled. If that’s not enabled, it will redirect to ?phrase=[serchterm]# instead of the custom URL set in the input field.

I have not tried to reproduce it in different wordpress installations.
    also I have not extensively tested wheter there are more related bugs, I am reporting these 2 issues I ran into.
    Maybe it is problem with my wordpress installation, but I am suspecting it is an actual bug in the ASP logic.
    Thought I would let you know and file report.

Best regards,
    Jan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,

Thank you very much for your kind words, and the proper explanations.

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate either of the issues. So far I have tried 2 test environments with no luck. I suspect that there might be something else conflicting as well, but it’s hard to tell.

From your description, there is one thing that could possibly lead to issues:

..if the input field for “minimal character count to trigger search” is emtpy..

If by empty you mean no value, then make sure to not leave that field empty, that should contain a numeric value at all times. That could possibly cause a script parsing error on the front-end.

If you have any test environments with credentials, that you can share with me, where I can replicate the issue, feel free to do, and I will check it there. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.