Can I have an older plugin version?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Can I have an older plugin version?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    martinclement
    martinclement
    Participant

Hello

Could you please send me the plugin version 4.22.5?

I have an issue that I can’t fix and would like to try to find if it’s due to the plugin version.

Love the plugin by the way! 🙂

Thank you and best regards,
    Martin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

I’m afraid we can’t do that. Rolling back the plugin version will cause even more issues, as the data structures change from time to time.

May I ask what the issue is? It might be something we know about and I might be able to suggest a very easy solution.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

martinclement
    martinclement
    Participant

Ah too bad.

Here is the issue:
    I have a search form on my website and underneath it an Easy Post Element from Oxygen Builder (not Elementor). And although it is not an Elementor element, your feature to refresh the search results in that element (adding the class asp_es_1) worked in previous versions.

Sadly, it’s not the case anymore after I made the update.

Doesn’t work here on the client’s website: https://kjfs-lyss.ch/wordpress/
    But works here: https://kjfs.m-clement.ch/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, thank you!

This is a very weird one, I had to check the source code, and there is littel to no difference in the current and the previous releases in regards the override feature. I can’t see how this could have worked in the first place, as the search override should have not triggered whatsoever – unless there is some hook in the Oxygen Builder connecting with Elementor, which I don’t know about.

Anyways, there is actually a way to force the search override on any query, regardless of the page builder via a small custom code snippet:

add_filter('asp_query_is_search', 'asp_query_is_search_test', 10, 2);
    function asp_query_is_search_test($is_search, $wp_query) {
    	if ( isset($_GET['asp_ls'] ) {
    		return true;
    	}
    	return false;
    }

If this does not work, then there is more to this – as this will definitely trigger an override on any query registered.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

martinclement
    martinclement
    Participant

Ok this is almost working, I added your code into the Snipptes and it detects the listing but is not able to update the list. Sometimes it breaks the whole browser, be careful if you want to check https://kjfs-lyss.ch/wordpress/

Anyway, I have absolutely no idea what to do but to tell the client it is not working anymore, deal with it and with a litle hope it will work again sometime in the future 🙂

Thank you anyway for your help! Very nice and helpful support (eventhough my issue wasn’t fixed 😀 )

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind words!

Interesting, I honestly don’t know how this worked in the first place.

The good news is, that the next upcoming release will support filtering of post type archive pages. That means, if you are using this on a blog archive, or any other post archive page, it may be possible. The configuration is a bit different, but there is hope.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.