Cannot deactivate Ajax Search Pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Cannot deactivate Ajax Search Pro

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by pst pst 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pst
    pst
    Participant

Dear All,

got a very strange problem: When I try to deactivate Ajax Search Pro my frontpage breaks down. On other pages my header in not displayed anymore. Do you have an explanation for this and how to fix it?

Regards,
    pst

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Well, nothing is executed on deactivation, so I can only guess.

• Do you have any custom code in your theme functions.php file or anywhere else that requires the plugin?
    • If you activate the error reporting in the wp-config.php file what error message do you get on the front page?
    • Were there any modifications made to other plugin files, that may include or require files from the ajax-search-pro plugin?
    • If you have any type of cache plugins active, make sure you empty all caches. Some caching plugins use object cache, which might have stored variables and shortcode callbacks from plugins and tries to access the search, yet it’s not active anymore.

I’m guessing it’s some kind of remaining custom code requesting something from the plugin in the theme header.php or somewhere similar, which triggers a fatal error since the plugin is no longer active.

If you enable the error reporting, I’m sure something will show up. Let me know if nothing helps.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pst
    pst
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

tried your suggestions, problem is still there. When I run the error reporting, no error is shown.
    Checked my header.php and similar files but there are no shortcodes to Ajax Search

Maybe this could be useful: When I rename the js-folder of the plugin the same error appears.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.