- August 3, 2015 at 2:13 pm #5475
got a very strange problem: When I try to deactivate Ajax Search Pro my frontpage breaks down. On other pages my header in not displayed anymore. Do you have an explanation for this and how to fix it?
pstAugust 3, 2015 at 2:26 pm #5476
Well, nothing is executed on deactivation, so I can only guess.
- Do you have any custom code in your theme functions.php file or anywhere else that requires the plugin?
- If you activate the error reporting in the wp-config.php file what error message do you get on the front page?
- Were there any modifications made to other plugin files, that may include or require files from the ajax-search-pro plugin?
- If you have any type of cache plugins active, make sure you empty all caches. Some caching plugins use object cache, which might have stored variables and shortcode callbacks from plugins and tries to access the search, yet it’s not active anymore.
I’m guessing it’s some kind of remaining custom code requesting something from the plugin in the theme header.php or somewhere similar, which triggers a fatal error since the plugin is no longer active.
If you enable the error reporting, I’m sure something will show up. Let me know if nothing helps.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
August 3, 2015 at 8:19 pm #5479
tried your suggestions, problem is still there. When I run the error reporting, no error is shown.
Checked my header.php and similar files but there are no shortcodes to Ajax Search
Maybe this could be useful: When I rename the js-folder of the plugin the same error appears.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.