cannot save after choosing custom post type

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support cannot save after choosing custom post type

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rick Bothma
    Rick Bothma
    Participant

No search results are showing.
    I cannot save once I have dragged in custom post types.
    It is not saving my selections.

So I think that is why no results are showing up.

This is a property website.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Were the results showing before?

Nothing on the backend area is saving, or only the custom post types? Is there any error code showing up in the search bar?

You should try disabling all plugins and switching the theme to default to see if it works then. If not, then it’s most likely an incompatibility with the server configuration. If yes, then it’s a plugin/theme interference.

Never encountered this issue before, so this might be a new bug or something else.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Rick Bothma
    Rick Bothma
    Participant

Hi

I switched to the 2014 Theme, although there were no custom post types to drag over, when I tested the search bar, it did actually work in finding content.

I then switched back to the Real Homes Theme, and again I couldn’t save my choice of custom post type and also the search bar is not displaying results. So perhaps this search bar is in conflict with Real Homes Theme?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, most likely then. Can you attach a copy of the theme? I might be able to reproduce the issue on my local test server.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Rick Bothma
    Rick Bothma
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for helping.

I am in desperate need for this to work as all the free search bars are crap.

Please see attached the theme.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Rick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately it’s working for me on both test servers without issues, but I still think it’s theme though, we must have different servers.

Can you provide temporary ftp and administrator access to the website? All I can do is turn on the debug mode and see if there are any errors there. I feel like the saving process is intercepted by a hidden error.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Rick Bothma
    Rick Bothma
    Participant

Hi

All I have are these details:

A new installation of WordPress 3.9.2 has been completed. The details of the installation are shown below:

** Saved and removed for security reasons **

I will pay extra via paypal if you can get your search plugin to function property for property on this site.

Thanks
    Rick

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks. I got the details, edited out your post to prevent security risks.

I will take a look at it ass soon as I can. Might take a day, I’m bit overwhelmed with other tickets as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I just managed to save the settings without problems. I’m using google chrome, maybe it was a browser issue? Or might have been the server overloaded at the time. I’m not sure, but I managed to drag the property custom post type, save it and search for properties on the fronted, I guess that’s good.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.