Can't create index table – [object Object] error

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Can't create index table – [object Object] error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WGNHS
    WGNHS
    Participant

Hello,

I am working on setting up this plugin and search instances on a clone of my organization’s website, and for some reason I’m unable to create the index table. When I try to create a new index, both with the default post limit per iteration and when I lower the post limit to 10 or even to 5, it stops indexing at 60 items, which is less than 2% of the total items, and gives me the error [object Object]. (See attached image.) If I raise the post limit per iteration to 100, then it doesn’t look like it indexes any items at all. If I try to continue the existing index, it doesn’t add any new items to the index. We recently updated our website’s WordPress version to 4.5.3 from 3.6, and we’d previously been getting Ajax Search Pro all set up on the old version of our website — the index creation did not present any difficulties then, or on a clone that was using WP 4.1.1. The latest version of Ajax Search Pro is installed.

I looked through the knowledge base and the support forum, and only found a very few threads that mentioned this error, but their solutions either weren’t publicly available or seemed very specific to their website.

In the meantime, I’ve switched to using the regular engine rather than the index table one, and in general it seems to work okay. However, I’d like to make some adjustments to the priorities settings, and for some searches nothing comes up when I try to run them through the filter, even though those terms do get results when I use the search instance I’ve set up. I’m not sure if this issue is related to the indexing issue, or if creating an index would solve this problem.

Your advice would be much appreciated! Our site’s clone is not normally accessible from a non-work IP, but if needed I can ask our IT person to unlock it to give you access. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.

From the description I’m suspecting a shortcode running wild and throwing an error through the parsing process. Can you please try turning OFF the Execute Shortcodes? option on the index table Advanced Options panel: https://i.imgur.com/JfgNbCy.png

Then try to re-create the index table, let’s hope it will run without an error message.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

WGNHS
    WGNHS
    Participant

Thank you, that seems to have fixed the problem!

Apologies for the delay in my response — I didn’t see an email notification of your response (perhaps it went to my spam), so I didn’t realize that you’d already replied until today.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can't create index table – [object Object] error’ is closed to new replies.