Categories appear above all more relevant posts in results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Categories appear above all more relevant posts in results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by willgreeny59 willgreeny59 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    willgreeny59
    willgreeny59
    Participant

Hello,

Firstly, if you do login, can you please only look at the AJAX search pro?

I have found that since adding content to category pages, if I add categories to the search, they always appear first before any other options, even when the weighting is heavily in favor of the title.

For example, the category ‘Emily Dickinson’ ranked higher for ‘because i could’ than the article ‘Because I could not stop for death by Emily Dickinson’.

Can this be corrected/fixed please?

Many thanks,

Will

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

By default, the taxonomy term results (categories) are displayed before the post type results. You can change that order here, if you wish to display other types first.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

willgreeny59
    willgreeny59
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    Thank you very much for that – this does mean that the category pages will never show up top when searching for that person (such as ‘Emily Dickinson’) as the posts are poems by ‘Emily Dickinsn’ <– so they will always appear first when searching just for ‘Emily Dickinson’.

Do you understand the issue? Is there a way that if the web user searches for just the category title, then that should come up top because it’s the best match?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I understand, but it’s not possible unfotunately. The category search and the post search have different relevance calculations, and running as separate queries on separate database tables, thus not comparable – at least not at the moment.
    I’m almost positive, that this is going to be possible in the future, once the queries are re-designed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

willgreeny59
    willgreeny59
    Participant

Okay thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.