Categories do not appear in "source 2" for "Return taxonomy terms as results"

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Categories do not appear in "source 2" for "Return taxonomy terms as results"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pboule07
    pboule07
    Participant

Hi.

I want to use this plugin only to search categories (not posts or pages).

In “Sources” and “Search in custom post types”, I didn’t put anything, and in “Sources 2”, I wanted to put for “Return taxonomy terms as results” my categories, but no categories are available.

However, I did create categories, via /wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=category

On the other hand, which is strange, when I type a category in the search form, the search suggestions work, but when I hit “enter”, it’s impossible, I can only select suggestions.

Do you know where the problem is coming from?

Thanks in advance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That looks like the simple post categories taxonomy. Enabling this option will return the post categories as results: https://i.imgur.com/Lxfpycj.png

On the other hand, which is strange, when I type a category in the search form, the search suggestions work, but when I hit “enter”, it’s impossible, I can only select suggestions.
    If you mean when redirected to the results page, then make sure that the results override feature is enabled. That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pboule07
    pboule07
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

If you mean when redirected to the results page, then make sure that the results override feature is enabled. That should do the trick.

I tried this option, but it doesn’t change anything: when I hit enter, nothing happens.

For example, I type in the form : “abc” and type on entry, but nothing happens.

A bit as if the form no longer works

Do you know where the problem is coming from?

Thanks in advance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Is the return button and the click actions set to redirect to the results page? That is probably the issue, if nothing is happening.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

pboule07
    pboule07
    Participant

It works, thanks.

And so, just so I understand, it’s normal not to have categories in “Return taxonomy terms as results”, because they are simple categories added to posts?

Thanks in advance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, the taxonomy is the same there. That option is going to be merged with the “Return taxonomy terms as results” eventually, it is separate because the taxonomy options were added later in development.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.