Category description instead of title WooCommerce product in search result

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Category description instead of title WooCommerce product in search result

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Levi93
    Levi93
    Participant

Hello!

When searching i want to display the products and the product categories, this sort of works.
    The problem i’m running in to is that, instead of displaying the title of the category, it displays the description. So when a category doesn’t have a description the search result will be an empty block (it is there but without any text) and when it does have a description it shows that but not the title of the category. Is this some sort of setting that has to be turned on that i’m missing or is this the normal behaviour?

Best,

Levi

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Levi93 Levi93.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure, but from the screenshots I am suspecting that the result titles are either removed via custom code, or they are hidden via a custom CSS code, or by some sort of a styling conflict.
    Can I take a look at this somewhere? I might be able to tell by trying it. I suspect it is a custom style, which hides h3 titles via custom CSS or something similar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Levi93
    Levi93
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I found, that there is a customization of the plugin results template files within the theme folder: https://i.imgur.com/43zbpWT.png

I recommend reverting the changes to the original file, or trying to make a change to that template file, to account for the empty titles, something like:

<?php echo !empty( get_field('woocommerce_intern_modelname',$r->id) ) ? get_field('woocommerce_intern_modelname',$r->id) : $r->title; ?>

Please consult with the developer who made the changes as well, to make sure it works correctly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.