category filter returning all results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support category filter returning all results

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kunden78
    kunden78
    Participant

Hi, I have set up the search to use product categories, and checkboxes for the categories I’ve selected show up nicely … but when I select one, the search results show all products, not just ones in that category. Please help!

Thanks, Kunden

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am guessing you are seeing items that have no relation to the given taxonomy. Try disabling this option: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/frontend-search-settings/category-and-taxponomy-term-filters#posts-or-any-cpt-with-missing-terms-and-the-filter

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

kunden78
    kunden78
    Participant

I had already disabled that option. Any other ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I don’t know then. Can you please check the log-in details? I cannot seem to be able to log-in with them.
    Also, is the plugin visible on any of the pages? I will check the configuration and do a few tests.
    Thank you very much!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kunden78
    kunden78
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Kunden,

Thank you very much, I see the problem now. The items showing up there, are the ones from the categories, that are not used within the filter.
    I think, that in your case changing the filter logic is the way to go. I have changed this option right here: https://i.imgur.com/Sp2KZUA.png
    That should do the trick.

I am seeing the same styling on the front-end, it was probably a cache issue only. The browser/site cache can be aggressive, clearing them once changing the layout should resolve issues like that 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

kunden78
    kunden78
    Participant

Thanks, Ernest – you’re a star!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.