Compatibility issue with WPML

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Compatibility issue with WPML

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by EngrMTH EngrMTH 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EngrMTH
    EngrMTH
    Participant

Dear Ernest,

After installing it this is what I got:

I have WPML with two languages (English and Arabic),the default language is English with the latest version of everything (WP, WPML, etc.)

I create two instances of the related posts, one for each language.

1) The related posts images appear broken for the Arabic language.

2) The plugin bring the related posts for all languages not just for current language.

3) The related posts appear stack on each other when the page load, but if I change the screen size of the browser they rearranged themselves to appear as expected.

Please how can I solve these issues?

Thank you in advance,

Mohammed

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

After logging in I can only see an error message saying “error” on top of the page. I tried to navigate to “/wp-admin/” but I still only see “error”. The login page however is still working for me. Can you check this? Maybe a firewall is blocking me or something. Cache plugins also tend to do something similar.

The ftp access is working fine. I might as well found a solution to the WPML issue in the meantime, I have had an outdated version of their plugin.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

EngrMTH
    EngrMTH
    Participant

Dear Ernest,

I logged in using your password and username and everything work perfectly.

However yes the site blocked you because (as it said) too many attempts to access a file that does not exist,I think which is “/ar/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-pro/includes/timthumb.php”, and now release you.

Also I emptied all caches

Best Regards,
    Mohammed

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you very much, I was now able to check the issues.

1. The post images should be ok now, I disabled timthumb and enabled the alternative image caching method.

2. I have made a few changes in the plugin code to adeqately check for the current WPML language. Only posts with the same language will be visible now.

3. I don’t know what caused that, but I also added a small fix to detect if the items are hovering. It should be ok now.

I hope everything will work now as you imagined!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EngrMTH
    EngrMTH
    Participant

Dear Ernest,

Thank you for helping me, your support is awesome.

I just have one issue now there is no related post’s images for the Arabic language at all! and everything else work perfectly.

Also how can I move these changes to the production site?

And if you release new update will this update overwrite these changes?

Regards,
    Mohammed

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Dear Mohammed,

You are right, I accidentally turned off images on the arabic version. I turned them back on, they should start showing after the cache expires.

The safest way is to copy the wp-content/plugins/reladet-posts-pro folder and all of it’s content to the production site. It contains all the modifications I made.

As for the settings, they are stored in the database, but all I did was disabled timthumb (image options->use timthumb): https://i.imgur.com/YudqKLK.png

and also i made a change on the compatibility options panel, swithcing the javascript source to “Non-minified scoped”: https://i.imgur.com/KA51op8.png

If you copy the files from the plugin folder and make sure, that these options are changed, it should work as on the test site.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EngrMTH
    EngrMTH
    Participant

Dear Ernest,

Thank you very much for your patience and for your great support.

Now everything work perfectly.

I’ll rate your plugin 5 stars.

Please I just need to know if you release new update in the future will this update overwrite these changes?

Best Wishes,
    Mohammed

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

No, in the next update I will include these changes, you don’t need to worry about that.

Have a nice day!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EngrMTH
    EngrMTH
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.