Config help needed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    robbie_berns
    robbie_berns
    Participant

My question is more general, in that I can’t get my head around how to do this:

I am setting up a property listing site, which has 5 custom post types, 10 taxonomies and heaps of custom fields. These are post-type specific (eg certain taxonomies only apply to certain post types).

I need the search plugin to show ONLY applicable taxonomies / custom fields according to the post type (which is the initial selection)

How would I achieve this?

Many thanks for a great plugin!
    ROB

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by robbie_berns robbie_berns.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Rob!

If I understand correctly you want to hide those settings (terms and custom fields) on the front end, which are not related to the selected custom post type.

If this is the case, then it’s not possible. This is a very specific problem, I don’t think I would be able to integrate as a feature. I think this would be only possible with heavy plugin modifications only.

I would rather suggest to create separate search instances for each custom post type, if you have many terms and many different custom fields related to them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.