Console Errors & Duplicate Posts after Upgrading to Pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Console Errors & Duplicate Posts after Upgrading to Pro

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    luisa87
    luisa87
    Participant

Hi there, I’m having a few issues since upgrading to the Pro version. This were not happening before the upgrade when I was running the lite version.

1. Duplicate post on first search item
    – deactivated each plugin
    – removed the Zendesk script in the footer
    – changed settings in “advanced>grouping” from >none to >posts, >categories, >content – all 3 options showed same behaviour as >none

When I deactivate Yuzo Related Posts plugin, it doesn’t show. But I cannot figure out why the first results shows twice after upgrading to Ajax Pro. All add’l scripts are deactivated by default in Yuzo, and I went thru all their functionality options and tested each, to no avail.

1. Hundreds of console errors from Google API
    – deactivated each plugin
    – removed the Zendesk script in the footer

When I deactivate WP Mobile Menu by Magnigenie, the console errors jump from ~600 errors up to ~1300 errors. Nothing on the site has anything Google related, no analytics or share links. This only started after upgrading as well.

Any insight is much appreciated 🙂

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for all the details, it helps me a lot.

I’m afraid both issues are related to something else. To test how the plugin affects the results page and errors, I first did a search via the plugin for the phrase “test”, then again after de-activating the plugin. Unfortunately the errors persist even when the plugin is deactivated, as you can see on this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/p6bToAm.png

A possible cause for issue #1 could be a script related to Google Fast Button implementation, as the error refers to that script source, or something very similar. At least that is what I have found after some googling.
    #2 could be another search plugin (maybe?), that is active, or a modification to the core functions.php file, or something within the search.php file in the theme directory.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

luisa87
    luisa87
    Participant

Much appreciated Ernest, you’ve given me a few new directions to look 🙂
    Thanks again!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

luisa87
    luisa87
    Participant

I think both errors are due to the Yuzo Pro Related Posts, I just found out it had a security breach. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember the search archive page url being a plain,

domain.com/?s=search+keyword.

Now, it shows,

domain.com/?s=search+keyword&asp_active=1&p_asid=1&p_asp_data= etc etc…

is this the normal behaviour? I don’t remember seeing the extra jargon at the end of the url.

thanks Ernest 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, it is intended, to send the information of the filters via an encoded string as a GET request. If you prefer not seeing those, you can change the request type to POST, here: https://i.imgur.com/RLKsb5J.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.