Create a new CSS file and connect it to the plugin

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Create a new CSS file and connect it to the plugin

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Victor Trujillo Victor Trujillo 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

I have seen that inside the css folder there are a couple of style.css files from 1 to 9. I need to know how can I use my own css file, lets say style10.css and also I need to know if it will be removed after an update of your plugin.

PS: I have already tried to edit styles in “Theme > Custom CSS” but I need more control over the whole style sheet.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Those files are only pre-created stylesheet files, only some of them are used and are generated dynamically. I don’t recommend editing them, because after saving the plugin instance they are re-generated.

In your case I would recommend to rather use one of the site theme CSS files. They usually have a custom.css somewhere in the template folder. I used to do this, it’s the safest and the best way – because then I only need to backup one css file.

There is not really a better solution to this, because if I put a custom.css file into the plugins directory, then it would be overwritten with the next update by the plugin manager automatically.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

Ok, I see there is no other choice than use custom css of the plugin.

So, how can I override a “content:none” from the screenshot that I have attached?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Check the id of the element first. The .rpp_content:before is not working because it’s a lower priority CSS selector then the other one.

Try div[id^=”relatedpostspro_0_”] .rpp_content: before instead. If not working then #relatedpostspro_0_1 .rpp_content: before should be the highest priority.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

None of your solutions are working.

I have the feeling that ” and ‘ are not scaping well in the custom css form.

Where is this data been saved into the wp_ database?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Wait, I thought you were putting these values into a custom.css file, not the custom css form.

The values are saved with update_option() internal wordpress function, so it’s the wp_options table. But that’s managed by wordpress, so I’m advise not to touch the values there.
    So it’s either that, or the output scrambles it up, I will look into it in the next hotfix version. Or even better, I might base64 encode/decode the custom css values to avoid this conflict. (that’s the safest option) I never thought this could happen, sorry.

Please don’t use the custom CSS form until then, rather a custom.css file in the theme.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

Really happy to find a bug 🙂

Looking forward to the next update. When is going to happen?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Me too! It makes the plugin better.

I’m hoping to finish the new version of the ajax search pro 3 mid next week, then I’m going through the various bugs reported to this plugin. I’m not sure if new features are coming very soon, I keep findig bugs, I’m afraid I might generate even more 😀

I’m also working a knowledgebase and moving the demo pages, so there is that as well.

Anyways, thank you for discovering and reporting this, I’m going to fix it asap.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

Will you be able to send us an update for this bug asap?

Id really appreciate, its driving me nuts 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Of course. Tomorrow morning I will start with this, I’m 90% sure I can solve it relatively quickly (I hope). So at some time tomorrow I will attach a fixed version here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

Sounds Awesome!!

Thanks for your quick support Ernest

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I managed to solve the issue with the escaping characters. I’m attaching the fixed version of the plugin. You can safely deactivate and delete the previous version, the created instances and options will remain.

I’ve tested with multiple quotes, special characters, backslashes, and it outputted exactly the input, I hope it will work for you as well.

You may need to empty the custom css field first, save it a couple of times and then enter your custom code, just to make sure it’s refreshed in the database.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Victor Trujillo
    Victor Trujillo
    Participant

I have already installed it and checked and it worked like a charm.

Cheers for your GREAT plugin and GREAT support Ernest!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.