Creating A Custom Search System

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Creating A Custom Search System

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    webtrisdigital
    webtrisdigital
    Participant

The website for an installation company, what I would like to create an ajax search that will have custom fields. It will have a dropdown where the user can pick between “Residential” or “Commercial”. Then they can enter their city name and the user can type their city name then it would redirect them to the residential/commercial page for that city.

This will be duplicated to be created for each state so each state will have it’s own custom search that will show only cities for that specific state.

My question would be how to make all this possible. Currently, the pages are named “Residential {service} Installation in {City}, {State}”. I would instead for just the city name to show up when being searched for then it would take the user to the specific page. I have the links for each state (separated by either commercial or residential) ready so that won’t be a problem. How to set Ajax Search Pro to be able to do this is what I am looking for. Thank you!

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want custom field filters, that should be doable: Custom field filters

Then, there is a possibility to change the return and the magnifier click event to redirect to the first matching result, that might do the trick: https://i.imgur.com/FFAXine.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.