Cross-site search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    justintandem
    justintandem
    Participant

Hello! First off, this is one of the best plugins ever. I was blown away by how much it can do. And the performance is impressive. I have a post type with over 23,000 posts and it handles it really well. Congrats!

My question is can I have a site search a different site?

For example, can site “A” search through a post type on site “B”? I am matching the header on both sites (one is kind of a sub-site of the other) and it would be amazing if I could also include the search bar on both. The data has to live in one place though. Please let me know if that’s an option, maybe requiring the same license code or if you have any ideas as to how this might work. I have “complete” control over the hosting environment if that matters. Is there a way of telling the plugin on site “A” to use site “B”s database and images?

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by justintandem .
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

This is only possible with wordpress multisite installations. In that case the plugin can cross-search the multisite blogs on the same network.

There is also a REST API available, so you can get to the information from an external source. However that is only to get the information, it does not integrate to the live search itself.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.