Custom results page with Elementor

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Custom results page with Elementor

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant

Hey Ernest,

I have an issue with the custom results page with Elementor. I’m trying to “connect” two different search bars, and it’s not working that well. Let me explain.

For the homepage, I’m using a clean with no filters search bar. I want to add another more advanced search with filters for the results page. Then redirect searches from the homepage to the results page.

When I run a search on the homepage, it redirects me to the results page and displays the term in the search bar, but the results are incorrect until I click the magnifier icon or press the return button.

When I use the same search bar on both pages, it works. So my question is if there’s a way to create this redirection with two different search bars?

Hope I was clear enough

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think it could be doable. What you need to do is to redirect to the custom page via the first search bar, and appending the second search bar default query arguments.

On the redirection configuration on the first search, choose custom URL and put this custom URL there:

search-results/?asp_ls={phrase}&asp_active=1&asp_force_reset_pagination=1&p_asid=44&p_asp_data=1&termset[software][]=-1&termset[platform][]=-1&termset[plan][]=-1&customset[]=tool&asp_gen[]=excerpt&asp_gen[]=content&asp_gen[]=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&current_page_id=27760

That should redirect as if it was the second search bar, with the default filter states, but with the search phrase from the first search.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant

I did as you said, but it doesn’t work. Although I add these default query arguments when the page is redirecting, it changes them to this:
    search-results/?asp_ls={phrase}&asp_active=1&asp_force_reset_pagination=1&p_asid=44&p_asp_data=1&termset[software][]=-1&termset[platform][]=-1&termset[plan][]=-1&customset[]=tool&asp_gen[]=excerpt&asp_gen[]=content&asp_gen[]=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0%C2%A4t_page_id=27760&asp_active=1&p_asid=37&p_asp_data=1&customset[]=tool&asp_gen[]=excerpt&asp_gen[]=content&asp_gen[]=title&filters_initial=1&filters_changed=0&qtranslate_lang=0&current_page_id=986

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

It was only the search override causing the conflict. It appends additional arguments, which are not needed in this special case. I turned it off, now it seems to work okay.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant

Yes, it works perfectly now!
    As always, you can be counted on.

Thanks a lot Ernest!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.