Deprecated code PLUS filters don't uncheck

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Deprecated code PLUS filters don't uncheck

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    epictalesst96
    epictalesst96
    Participant

Hi! I have two issues that I can’t seem to find support for anywhere online. I really hope you can help…

Issue 1: On pages where I use an Ajax search bar (e.g. epictales.co.uk/learning, epictales.co.uk/stories) I see the following message:

Deprecated
    : Elementor\Scheme_Typography is
    deprecated
    since version 2.8.0! Use Elementor\Core\Schemes\Typography instead. in
    /home/epic/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php
    on line

Elementor assure me this is a problem with your plugin, not theirs. Any thoughts?

Issue 2: This problem affects both the search bar and the checkboxes on pages such as the above. If you check a checkbox, it will automatically filter my posts – and that’s great! Exactly what we want. $:-)

However, if you then UNcheck the box, the posts stay filtered. Moreover, no more filtering occurs unless you refresh the page.

Naturally this is not very user-friendly. What’s going wrong there?

Thanks for your help!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps us a lot!

So the error code was very strange, as I don’t recall we ever used those items it refers to. I went ahead, logged in and temporarily disabled the search plugin and checked the page again: https://i.imgur.com/LeiLfhX.png
    As you can see, the search shortcode is not processed, because the plugin is disabled, yet the error is still there – which means it is not caused nor related to this plugin.

It seems to be printed just above the jet filters smart checkboxes element, so maybe it has something to do with that plugin I guess.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

epictalesst96
    epictalesst96
    Participant

Thanks very much for taking the time to look into this, Ernest!

I’m not so sure you’re right, though. I went a step further than you, and removed your shortcode entirely. Attached are screenshots labelled “with.png” and “without.png”; in the latter you can see I’ve removed the shortcode and thus the search bar isn’t displayed, but neither is the error.

As you can see from “with.png”, the error only displays if the search bar is displayed.

You also haven’t addressed my second issue, so I’ve included some screenshots to demo that problem. In “search 01”, you can see how typing a term into the search bar filters the results – which is of course exactly what we want. But in “search 02”, you can see what happens when I delete the search term: you’d expect the list to repopulate with all the posts as if the filter no longer applies, but this doesn’t happen. (And for the sake of completeness, I’ve tried putting a “reset” option into the search bar too, but that didn’t work either.)

Any thoughts on that issue also?

Chip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

When a plugin is deactivated, there is no way for it to affect the page output, as the code is not running, not included whatsoever – it is as if it never existed on your site. If the issue persists even if the plugin is not enabled, there is no way for it to cause the problem.
    The issue still appears even by adding any random shortcode to the shortcode box, you will see the error with the search deactivated: https://i.imgur.com/rMgcsvo.png
    It has something to do with the shortcodes widget output, but I am guessing this is triggered somewhere else, probably in a plugin. Deactivating then one by one and checking the ouptut should lead you to the one causing the problem.

For the second issue, can you please check the FTP access? I will check and try to debug the code. With the current access I was able to connect, but I can not list the directories. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.