Detach search from filters?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Detach search from filters?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aptharsia93
    aptharsia93
    Participant

I have two search instances. A normal search input box for addresses and titles. A second, separate search instance, for taxonomies and custom fields.

If I search a zip code for the normal search input box, it works fine.

If I search only in the taxonomy/custom field search instance, it works fine.

But say I search a zip code, return results and decide to use the taxonomy/custom field search, nothing is returned. I don’t know how to make the normal search input box a separate search from the taxonomies/custom fields search. I don’t want the two to be attached, if you search for a zip code, I don’t want that to interfere with the taxonomies/custom field search.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, I think I know what the problem is. Generally, there is no connection between the search instances. But on the search results page, the search phrase is automatically printed to the search input. On your second search bar the search input is not visible, however the search phrase is still present – so when using the “Search” button it uses the previously entered search phrase along with the filters, yielding no results.

To resolve this, please try the following configuration on for the search button: https://i.imgur.com/0Lp4is0.png
    (to redirect to Custom URL and the url should be ?s=)

This will reset the phrase when triggering a search via the second search bar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

aptharsia93
    aptharsia93
    Participant

Unfortunately that did not work. If I use the taxonomies/custom fields first, view results but then use the search input box, it works fine. But if I use the search box, view the results and then search with the taxonomies/custom field searches, that’s when it combines the two search instances instead of ignoring the search input box.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Are you sure it had been changed on the 2nd search bar? On the front-end script I am still seeing the default value.
    If yes, can you please add temporary FTP and back-end access? I would like to debug the script to see what exactly is going wrong.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aptharsia93
    aptharsia93
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much!

I logged in, and checked the configuation, and it was incorrectly set. I have changed it as I suggested earlier, it should be fine now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

aptharsia93
    aptharsia93
    Participant

Ahhh, thank you! I thought the phrase part was supposed to be there. Thank you! Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.