Different results according to language

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Different results according to language

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Hi!!

Search icon placed on main menu.
    The results in English language and in Japanese language look different.

Try with

t470

How can we make them look the same?
    Do we have to index the database once from each language?
    I need urgent help please!

Thanx in advance

PD: Be careful! We’ve modified the files horizontal.php and vertical.php from Results folder to pick the image products from our CDN.
    Thanx!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tried a few phrases, but the results layout looked the same to me. In both cases were vertical, and displayed in two colums.
    English: https://i.imgur.com/sYyGOXd.png
    Japanese: https://i.imgur.com/T1UfMDX.png
    The layout seems to be the same, only the results are different.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Hi!

We need the results in Japanese organized as they appear in the English language.
    The categories are the same, translated.

Thanx!!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay – in that case the categories are actually not the same. Some translation methods create new category objects, and new post type object. If you selected the category groups manually, then that explains the issue – those categories (as objects) actually do not exist on the japanese version.

The best way to get by this I believe would be using 2 search instances. Try configuring the first on the english, the other on the japanese back-end. If the back-end is changed to japanese, hopefully the translated categories will show up, then allowing the grouping by those categories.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Hello!!

Now the categories are the same in English and Japanese and the results still look sorted differently.
    For example, search for C245 or C245E.
    The indexing tables have been created in both En and JA.

Does the search engine search for a string within the product? Can you find more results?

I need an answer urgently please.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jordi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The plugin looks within the product text. The order can be different, because of the difference of the text in both languages. In once language it may match more and different results as in the other language.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Hi Ernest.

Our clients need the same results in each language.

Please, can you talke a look inside the products and its translations to try to find a way to get it?

I’ts a lot important for us. The customer will not pay us until it works 🙁

Thanx very much.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t think this is easily possible without major changes to the plugin code I’m afraid. I would suggest a code edit if this was simple, but it is much more complicated than that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Hi!
    1. Is possible that the results may be diffrent due the text is inside html code??
    2. Can the results be different if we separate string chains? For example C245<space>カートリッジシリ instead of C245カートリッジシリ ?

Thank you!

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Hi again, sorry to bother you but we’ve to solve it 😀

Old questions:
    1. Is possible that the results may be diffrent due the text is inside html code??
    2. Can the results be different if we separate string chains? For example C245<space>カートリッジシリ instead of C245カートリッジ

New questions:
    3. We realized that in Japanese the WPML compatibility doesn’t work propperly:
    – The results are ok in english (not in Japanese) when activated and wrong in both cases when deactivated.
    – The translation of categories are ok in the website.

4. By other hand, we realized that the settings are the same for both languages, when you change an option in english, it affects to Japanese, isnt’it?

Thank you very much!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Can be – but if you are using the index table engine, then it is very unlikely, as the HTML code is removed automatically.
    2. Yes – that will affect how each keyword is stored.
    3. Can you please tell what exactly is wrong with the results in that case?
    4. Yes – it will affect both versions. If you want separate configuration, you can create separate search bars for each language.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant

Yess, of course:

If you search C245 (look at the reply #38679 images) you have different results depending of the language:

WPML ON
    In Englich are correct -> Located inside Range category and all the other results are OK.
    In Japanese are WRONG -> All products are shown in “other results”, nothing in Range category. The categories are well translated in WPML.

WPML OFF
    In Englich are WRONG -> ll products are shown in “other results”, nothing in Range category. The categories are well translated in WPML.
    In Japanese are WRONG -> All products are shown in “other results”, nothing in Range category. The categories are well translated in WPML.

If we solve this issue, may be all will be ok

Thanks in advance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I am not entirely sure, but WPML may create new category objects for translations now, that would explain the issue.

I tried to log-in and check the configuration, but I can’t access the wp-admin area. Can you pelase check that?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jjuanola
    jjuanola
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, that worked.

The problem is, that you have to choose the japanese categories as well for the grouping: https://i.imgur.com/iEeo5vm.png
    That will solve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.