Disable core seach function

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Disable core seach function

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    arvinaliari84
    arvinaliari84
    Participant

Hey there,

I have created a search function and inserted it through the menu bar with a Dash-Icon and some text.

This loads an overlay with a piece of text that contains a shortcode with the search function.

This works fine. My challenge is that when you press the magnifying glass icon or press the enter key, it is as if the WP-core search function takes over, and it can not search in the record types that I have specified with Ajax Search Pro.

I also have not specified that it should replace the theme’s search function; therefore, there should be no connection between Ajax Search pro and the built-in search function.

My question is, therefore:
    – How do I turn off “search by clicking the enter key?” and two, how do I turn off the search function when clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely
    Arvin Aliari

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

HI Avrin,

This documentation will help you with that 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

arvinaliari84
    arvinaliari84
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply.

I had tried various search terms in the documentation, but I didn’t manage to find that article.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.