Disable/Hide Certain words from the description

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Disable/Hide Certain words from the description

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Wilt757 Wilt757 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wilt757
    Wilt757
    Participant

Hello. I would like to exclude certain words from appearing in my descriptions. In the example video, I would like to exclude the words Wikipedia and Discogs.

See: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFeblsDOxW

I want the other parts of the description to show, but I want to be able to exclude particular words from showing.

Example URL: http://dev.raphistory.com/nas-illmatic/
    password: boombap

Thanks.
    Wilton

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Dear Wilton,

Thank you very much for the proper details and the video description, it helps me a lot.

The only way to achieve this is by using a custom code, as there is no such feature on the back-end. The advanced title/content fields are for different purposes. Since you have added log-in details, I have constructed this custom code, and added to the public_html/dev/wp-content/themes/rap-history/functions.php file on your dev server. Now it removes the wikipedia and discogs strings from the content.

You can add more words/strings to be excluded, just change the $replace variable (line 22) accordingly. (comma separated list of strings)

For future reference, I am putting the custom code below:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Wilt757
    Wilt757
    Participant

THANK YOU.

That is exactly how I wanted it to work.

Perfect. I have left a 5 Star rating/review.

Wilton

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.