Displaying parent categories only

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Displaying parent categories only

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

hello
    My content is categorized like that:
    – Cat 1
    – Subcat1
    – Subcat2
    – Subcat3

– Cat 2
    – Subcat1
    – Subcat2

etc ..
    My question :
    In the front end search settings, I would just view the parent categories (without exlude subcategories from search)
    How to do?
    Another question:
    I noticed a strange behavior: the results in the wordpress search page are not the same as in the ajax search plugin!
    Last question:
    How to change the height of the box results in vertical mode?
    Thank you very much for your answers and sorry for my english!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

On the Frontend Search settings if you exclude the categories, they will be only excluded from the settings – not from the actual search.
    See the documentation: http://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/frontend_search_settings.html

This section only affects the frontend settings filter – to actually exlude categories and include post types go to the Advanced Options panel and to the General options panel.

If you want to override the default wordpress result list, then you need to enable it. On the General Options -> Behavior panel, enable the “Override the default WordPress search results page?” option.

To change the vertical results size, you need to change the Results box viewport (in item numbers) option on General Options -> Behavior panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.