Doubts about Ajax Search Pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Doubts about Ajax Search Pro

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jose
    Jose
    Participant

Hello!,

I have some doubts about the plugin, I’ll try to explain it in english 🙂 I send a picture for clear the explenation below:

1.- We have two custom post types in Ajax Search Pro in HOME: “PolĂ­gonos” and “Actividad”, but when you click one of the boxes the results by ajax appears up of these two boxes, what we need is that the user, click in “Poligono”, choose one of them, and then you click and “Actividad” and now show the results, it’s like make a COMBO of these two Custom Post Types. It’s that possible?.

2.- We want to delete the possiblity that the user write on the search, so the user only have to search throuthg the COMBO, no writting, but keeping the “ENCONTRAR” button. It’s that possible?.

Thanks for your time!.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, there is not really a feature for that. It is possible to hide the search box completely, but with a custom CSS it might be possible.

Apply this code to your theme custom CSS field (if it supports it) or use the custom CSS field on the search plugin back-end.

.asp_m_1 {
        max-width: 110px !important;
        margin: 0 auto !important;
    }

.asp_m_1 .proinput {
        display: none;
    }

.asp_m_1 .prosettings {
        display: none;
    }

This should results in something like this: https://i.imgur.com/oLGbPez.png

You can also disable the triggering of the results, when a drop-down option is chagned: https://i.imgur.com/yahjbhu.png
    This way the search will only trigger if the button is clicked.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jose
    Jose
    Participant

Hi Ernest, I follow your instruction and OK but if you notice in any search it always shows the same results 🙁

Jose
    Jose
    Participant

Hi Ernest, we still have the same problem with the plugin, any option that you select in the form, show the same results, please check it in:

http://www.publimebpoligonos.com/

Example:

PolĂ­gono: Murcia & activity: GrĂșas
    If you notice always show the same results with any polĂ­gono or Activity that you choose.

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry about the late response.

I think you are looking for this option, try turning it off: https://i.imgur.com/H23qlEg.png
    The plugin displays items by default, that does not have any of the terms from the filtered taxonomy assigned. Turning this option off will make sure those are excluded as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jose
    Jose
    Participant

Hi Ernest!,

Ok with that, the search do it well, but now therea re a lot of “Activities” and seems like the form itÂŽs to slow. Can we do it for that?.
    When you click on the “Activities” drop down button form, my computer seems to be broke. Maybe to much activities?

Thabnks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That should not be an issue, I only see like 350, that should be perfectly fine yet. I have tried, but it is working for me without a lag. Make sure to check if you have any input related extension enabled in your browser, that may cause it.

I have also tried it on a much slower machine, but it was fine there as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.