Dropdown filter style problems

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Dropdown filter style problems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by teapoet9 teapoet9 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    teapoet9
    teapoet9
    Participant

Hello,

Great plugin! I have a few style issues with the Dropdown fieldset — I wonder if you can help.

(1) I have multiple filters – by category, by tag, etc. It’s very confusing to users that additional taxonomies in each list exist since the scroll bar is white. I’ve looked at all settings and used the following CSS but no scroll bar appears (see attached):

.ajaxsearchpro .mCSBap_scrollTools .mCSBap_dragger .mCSBap_dragger_bar
    {background-color: #455555;}

(2) I chose Masonry layout, 2 columns, with 230px height for each fieldset. In the regular menu, the fieldsets stack using Masonry grid effect. However, in the sticky header menu, they appear as columnar. There’s a difference in the CSS for my theme, but I’m not sure how to integrate it such that your plugin recognizes both. The difference I’ve found in the ancestor:

.fusion-header-wrapper.fusion-is-sticky

AND

.fusion-header-wrapper.fusion

There are other parameters, but these seem to be the most ancestral. (See attached)

(3) Is there any way to either switch the column location of my different taxonomies so tags are in column 2 and post categories are in column 1 (see attached). Also related, what CSS should I use (min-height / max-height, etc.) so that I can view different heights — so tags are 230px and categories can be larger height (example: 400px)?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by teapoet9 teapoet9.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    teapoet9
    teapoet9
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry for the late response, I didn’t get to answer more tickets before the new years.

I’ve tried to open the provided url, but I’m getting redirected to a localhost IP. It the URL changed or the site moved, or if I need to add a host IP to my hosts file, let me know.

1. Probably a simple CSS conflict, from what I can see the shadow is missing from the scrollbar. It’s hard to tell, but perhaps you should try something like:

div.ajaxsearchpro[id*='ajaxsearchpro'] .mCSBap_dragger_bar {
        box-shadow: 0 0 2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5) !important;
    }

..or the same rule as you had, but with an !important tag:

.ajaxsearchpro .mCSBap_scrollTools .mCSBap_dragger .mCSBap_dragger_bar {
        background-color: #455555 !important;
    }

If however the conflicting CSS overwrites it with a different !important value, then these might not do anything at all. In that case more specific rules must be made, but I will have to see it in order to be able to tell.

2. I will have to see it unfortunately.

3. If you use the masonry layout for the fieldsets, then the masonry script usually orders them for the best fit. However the html output is ordered based on how the fields are ordered on the taxonomy terms menu: https://i.imgur.com/sTRscAC.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

teapoet9
    teapoet9
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.