Dropdown text disappeared

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by crockerh714 crockerh714 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crockerh714
    crockerh714
    Participant

Hello! I’ve run into a styling issue (screenshot attached). As you see in the screenshot, my dropdown boxes are white with no text. They’re supposed to have text that isn’t showing.

The issue started when I switched their Display Modes from “Dropdown with Search,” to “Multiselect with Search”. The text disappeared, so I switched them all back to “Dropdown with Search”. But the text is still gone, and I can’t get it back. I’ve set every possible text style to the correct size and color, but still can’t get the text back. Could you point me in the right direction?

A second issue I haven’t been able to figure out since I installed: I want to change the color of the dropdown boxes from white to something else. I can edit the search bar background color, and the dropdown menu background, but I can’t find the option for the box itself. Do you know where I can edit that?

Thanks in advance, and please just let me know if you need anything from me!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    crockerh714
    crockerh714
    Participant

UPDATE: The text is back! No idea what I did, but it looks ok now.

I am still curious about how I could change the background color of the dropdown boxes though. If you could still provide guidance there I would appreciate it.

Thanks ~

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It may have been just a cache related issue.

The only way to customize the colors is by custom CSS:

/* The container selection */
    .asp_select2.asp_select2-container .selection .asp_select2-selection,
    .asp_s span.asp_select2-container--flat ul li.asp_select2-selection__choice,
    .asp_sb span.asp_select2-container--flat ul li.asp_select2-selection__choice {
        color: white;
        background-color: #ff7272 !important;
        border: 1px solid #ff7272 !important;
    }

/* Drop down general */
    span.asp_select2-container--open .asp_select2-dropdown--below,
    span.asp_select2-container--open .asp_select2-dropdown--above {
        background: #9c6a6a;
        color:#fff;
    }

/* Drop down selected values */
    span.asp_select2-container--flat .asp_select2-results__option[aria-selected=true] {
        background: #b34949;
        color: #fff;
    }

/* Drop down hovered selection */
    span.asp_select2-container--flat .asp_select2-results__option--highlighted[aria-selected] {
        background: #dc3737 !important;
        color: #fff;
    }

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

crockerh714
    crockerh714
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

crockerh714
    crockerh714
    Participant

Hi Ernest, yeah I understand that, makes sense. I’ve submitted the refund request. That’s just how testing goes… I thought AJAX Search Pro was exactly what I needed, until I had it all set up in front of me. Only then did I realize my mistake (of course).

Take care

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.