Duplicate images have appeared in search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Duplicate images have appeared in search results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    I am using the latest version on this site. Everything has been working fine until last night. The latest batch of 12 images that appears using the Kadence Gallery works fine and there are no duplicates in the WP media library.

However, when you click on the Search function on Home page – then there are duplicate images showing in search results for just the latest batch. i.e. 12 images have repeated. I have changed absolutely nothing AjaxPro plugin – so am not sure why this is now an issue?

Could you please take a look – as it needs fixing before I can enter further batches onto site? I only became aware of the problem after I had pushed all images to the LIVE site?

https://prnt.sc/87KOpsU7GG7m

Thanks,
    Kind regards,
    Sally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the details!

The issue is simply that the images are actually duplicately present in the image library. Exactly the last 12 images when I open the library: https://i.imgur.com/f3dgCyO.jpeg
    If the duplicates are removed the issue will be resolved 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sallyg31
    sallyg31
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    My humblest apologies! I have just checked – and strangely enough the Adv Gallery Block does not show up those duplicates at all from across the media library images… which it should do – as it would have picked up the issue straight way – without having to “leave” the page I am working on! – so didn’t think that was the problem – I usually always delete a batch from bottom of media library in bulk as I enter a new batch at the top – so somehow didn’t check the top end as well – too many late nights!!!
    Feel free to delete this post – since it doesn’t add value to your help database at this time!
    PS – your search plugin works really well – and I should hopefully be adding some new sites before long…
    Kind regards – and best wishes for 2023!
    Sally

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problem Sally – it happens more often than you thing. For example I just wasted 2 hours debugging an issue on one of our servers, where the issue was actually caused by a mispelling.

All the best for 2023 to you too 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.