Duplicate instances of search results appearing

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Duplicate instances of search results appearing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    quit16075
    quit16075
    Participant

Hi there,

First off, I’d like to say — the plugin is great. Thanks for your hard work in designing this tool.

I’m looking for your help with my search tool, whenever I click “enter”.

Oddly, two duplicate instances of my results appear — one instance as vertical, and another underneath as horizontal. (The results seem to output okay when the search button is clicked, or when live search is enabled.)

As an example, it happens with this URL:
    https://www.ploddings.com/?s=&asp_id=2&asp_s=robert

Note: It takes about 5-7 seconds for the 2nd instance of duplicated results to appear.

I’d rather have just one instance of horizontal results to appear. If you can help with this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Mitchell

quit16075
    quit16075
    Participant

(Screenshot attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for all the details, it helps a lot.

The duplication is due to the fact, that there is second search bar rendered on the page – within a hidden widget. I can see it on the debug console, but it is not visible. It might be either a container for Elementor of some sort. If it is not possible to remove, then using this custom CSS will resolve the issue:

#wpdreams_asp_results_2>div:last-child {
        display: none !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.