Elementor Search Results Page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Elementor Search Results Page

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant

Hi,

1. I followed the instructions to create custom Elementor Search results page. When i chose some of the search parameters it automatically shows the Ajax Search Pro results. Please could you be so kind and check what is missing in order to show any results in elementor search results page?

2. How can I configurate to display similar boats according to the inserted search parameters. For example – sailing yachts from € 50.000-70.000

Thank you so much in advance and have a great day!

Evita

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by EvitaSNG .
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. May I ask which tutorial did you follow? Can you please also direct us to a page where ajax search pro search bar is visible? I could not find it on the home page.

2. If you know what custom field stores the price, you can create a search bar with a slider type filter.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I think you skipped the step to add the class name to the posts widget. That should do the trick.

2. Oh, I understand it now. Well, not via settings for sure. The current single page ID is sent to the search, so it would be possible to recognize where the search was origianlly initiated – so it is not impossible. But definitely a lot of trial and error custom coding for the query arguments.
    We have a ready made solution for something similar here. This code restricts the search to the same category as the current post is in. In your case line 3 should be edited, by adding the relevant taxonomy name: $taxonomies = 'category, post_tag';

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. It is not there unfortunately. I double checked the page source, but it is missing. You might be editing the wrong page, or widget, or maybe a revision of the post.

2. I meant the line 3 of the custom code. That line should be edited with the corresponding taxonomy name. If you are not experienced with custom coding much, I would not recommend experimenting with this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant

Hi,

In Search Results page Post widget the class name is added. If not there – where should the Class ID be added?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t know. I suspect you might be editing the wrong widget by accident (?), or it is not saving properly. I don’t see any of the class or ID in the source code, nor in the javascript console, it returns 0 elements with that class or ID name.
    Maybe you have a very heavy cache enabled somewhere? Make sure to clear all layers of cache to make sure it is not conflicting.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant

So you are letting me hang here, without goijn in the website and checking. I confirmed that i have everything correct, sent you screenshots and this is all from your side??? wow. Hands down the worse customer service i ever got from a Plugin.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No, I was going to your website from the start, checking the source code to make sure it is not a fault from our end. I even checked the error consoles and there are no traces of the added class or IDs from elementor.

I am trying to help you as much as I can, but the added classes are not there – I am sorry but that is not our fault.
    I even try to help you figure it out why, but that is not the fauld of our plugin, I hope you understand that.

Have you tried to clear the cache? Are you using any server side, client side or any other caches?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant

I dont believe you. The Class ID is in the Search Result Page Post Widget. I dont know where are you looking, honestly, for sure not where i am indicating you. the Class Id is there and it doesnt work.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

But you have sent this URL: http://yates.mallorcawebdesign.de/yates-de-motor/
    ..and that is not the search results page. I was checking that. So that is the issue then, you were editing the wrong page.

Also, I noticed from the source that there might be a 3rd party addon used with Elementor (ECS I think?). That will still probably work, but I recommend a small custom code snippet to make sure the elementor frontend is reinitialized after live search call.

This may not be needed, but if you notice a white screen, or missing results, or a gap of some sort, then I strongly recommend it:

add_action('wp_footer', 'asp_add_footer_script', 9999);
    function asp_add_footer_script() {
    	?>
    	<script>
    	(function($){
    		$(".asp_main_container").on("asp_elementor_results", function() { 
    			window.elementorFrontend.init()
    		});
    	}(WPD.dom))
    	</script>
    	<?php
    }

Try adding this code to the functions.php file in your theme/child theme directory – make sure to have a full server back-up first for safety. For more details you can check the safe coding guidelines.

Please note, that we can not guarantee everything will work just fine when using 3rd party elementor additions, those usually alter the layout and the output.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant

Ok, Ill try again – when I use the search bar in any place in the website, I would like the original search results (see the screenshot) replaced with Elementor Search Results page which is more in tune with the website layout. And where I have placed the Class Id you say I have not placed where it should be..
    Please how can I achieve this? TIA

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If you want to redirect to the actual search results page, where you have the elementor customization active, you can do that by changing the magnifier and return button events to redirect to the results page. You may also want to disable the live search triggers in that case.

There is also a different way – you can use a custom built page as the search results page, where the plugin redirects to. This documentation will guide you step-by-step for that as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EvitaSNG
    EvitaSNG
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.