Eliminating Navigation menu content from search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Eliminating Navigation menu content from search results

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    technowconsult82
    technowconsult82
    Participant

How do I eliminate or not return navigation menu entries as search results? For example, if I search for “board” I get results from pages that include “board” in the page content or title but also pages that do not include “board” in their content but do have “board” as a navigation item. I don’t want those search results, only those pages/posts with “board” in the page title or page content.

Thanks!

David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi David,

It is very unlikely that they are matching due to the navigation, as that is not part of the post contents field, which is the main source the plugin uses.

I looked at the page source on this post as an example. There is indeed no visual for the keyword “board” but there is within the source code of the post body. Some arguments are printed for the gallery images, which include a parameter keyword “keyboard”, which is matched.

The best possible way to get around this in my opinion is by switching to the index table engine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.