Error saving/uploading after update

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Error saving/uploading after update

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    whim-support
    whim-support
    Participant

After the recent update to 4.21.10, many users are experiencing issues saving page updates and uploading files. When I disable the plugin users are able to save and upload. The issue is not consistent between users. Some users can upload files or occasionally upload files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the error is not consistent, then your server is probably running out of memory at some point.

If you want, I can try to debug via the code to make sure nothing is triggering any problems, but for that I will need (s)FTP access. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

whim-support
    whim-support
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I have tested as much as I could, but everything worked normally – even if I tried uploading bigger PDF files, like over 50MB. My guess is, that the server may be reaching some performance limits, and throttling at some point.

To make sure the search works as optimially as possible, I strongly recommend using the index table engine on all of your search bars. It has huge performance benefits – and it may as well resolve these issues as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whim-support
    whim-support
    Participant

Would you be able to send me a zip file of the previous version of the plugin before the most recent update? I am still experiencing these issues on my end, even after turning on index table engine for all search instances. If you enter the Divi visual builder for any page, are you able to save?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed, it was working for me on the front-end, but then I didn’t try the back-end.

I made a bit of a modificaiton to the plugin code, can you check if the issue is resolved now?
    I suspected one function to be causing the issue, but I was not sure. On our installation the builder does not execute a part of a code, which is executed on yours, and when Ajax Search Pro tries to request it from Divi it fails.
    I have added a failsafe method to prevent that, but I am not 100% sure it work. It should, but please let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whim-support
    whim-support
    Participant

It seems like that worked! Can you tell what you did so I can replicate it in our production environment?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you update to the latest release, 4.21.11, the error will go away.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whim-support
    whim-support
    Participant

Hello, after updating again to 4.21.12 the saving and upload issue has reappeared. Can you look into it? The credentials are the same.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

whim-support
    whim-support
    Participant

The plugin is active on that site, but that user was not an admin. I changed it to admin now. Is your plugin compatible with wordfence?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I was able to upload a PDF as well as save the Divi on both back-end a Front-end editor.

The plugin has no known compatibility issues with WordFence. We are using WordFence on all of our sites (including this one, the demo sites etc..), without problems at the moment.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.