Errors in Theme&Styling-Vertical Results, Images after upgrade to 4.17.4

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Errors in Theme&Styling-Vertical Results, Images after upgrade to 4.17.4

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stefan L
    Stefan
    Participant

After upgrading to the latest plugin version (4.17.4), the styling of the search result box no longer works as expected. Also the images are no longer displayed.

With the previous version, the vertical result list worked as specified in the plugin settings, giving results like this:
    Desired layout in previous version.

Without changing any of the search settings, the following is displayed after upgrading:
    Wrong layout after update.

Best regards,
    stl

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to clear all layers of cache – including browser, page cache, asset cache, minify, CDN and cloudflare. That should very likely resolve the issue.

If not, then can you please add temporary back-end and FTP details? I would like to debug through the code to see what is missing there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Stefan L
    Stefan
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thank you for your impressively fast reply.

I tried clearing all caches but the problem persisted.

Then I found the culprit: The generated code for uploads/asp_upload/style.instances-some-two-letter-extensions-here.css contains a backslash where there shouldn’t be one:

... #ajaxsearchprores1_1,#ajaxsearchprores1_2,div.asp_r.asp_r_1{position:absolute;z-index:11000;width:auto;margin:0\} ...

When I delete this backslash, it works as expected again. When changing something in the Theme&Styling search settings and clicking on the “Save this search!” button, this css file is regenerated and the error is back in.

Best,
    Stefan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Thank you, I think I found the cause of the issue, it is the auto-minification script, there is an escape character left in one of the regular expressions.
    The simplest fix for now is to turn this feature off here: https://i.imgur.com/oRr6p01.png

That should resolve the issue. I will make sure to re-test this for the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Stefan L
    Stefan
    Participant

Not minifying the CSS does indeed resolve the issue. Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, I will make sure to fix this for the upcoming patch.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.