Exclude category not working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Exclude category not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scottash21
    scottash21
    Participant

Hi

as mentioned in my email a couple of days ago I have been trying to not show posts that are unreadable by user. I use ultimate member to lock posts down to different user types but as you mentioned it may need tweeking to do this as its not a standard wordpress feature.

To get round this I am pushing each user type to their “own” homepage that has a different ajax pro search bar on it and locking the search bar down to only show/exclude categories but this isn’t working and all results are still showing.

for example I have 5 teams from different geographical areas and I only want them to see a news feed(category) for their area and to only search their news. The initial one setup is chesterfield but if I search Sheffield in the search bar it still finds Sheffield news results even though I have excluded all other categories.

I have attached screenshots of the settings for ajax pro search bar. I have tried different variations of these options also but still no job

Thanks

Scott

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

In the meantime two other customers contacted me with the same issue, it appears to be a bug affecting the two most recent versions of the plugin.
    Luckily solving the problem does not require any change in the code, just make sure to turn off this option: https://i.imgur.com/8EoEpPA.png

This option was added recently, but it does not work correctly, whever no filters are present. Turning it off should however solve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

scottash21
    scottash21
    Participant

Great that worked thanks!

I am still struggling with the search bar not finding some users though. I have looked and compared the users and there is nothing i can see that differentiates the users from each other but the search finds some but not other users

Thanks

Scott

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great!

Can you please give me an example of what I should search for, and which user is not returned to try this? I might also need FTP access to be able to debug the user query to see why it does not work as expected.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

scottash21
    scottash21
    Participant

If you search for Amy Howe you will get a result. Same as scott ashmore but if you search for Beverley Robinson or Beverley Leah you won’t get any results even though both their users are exact same role etc as Amy howe.

FTP won’t be available because the site is sat on a 3rd party host who won’t give others access but there is a file manager plugin that allows access to all files stored on the server.

Thanks
    Scott

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okays, but in this case please make sure to have a full site back-up. Editing files via editors on the back-end is very unsafe, and a minor typo can lead to a full site malfunction. I’m very careful, but I do make mistakes sometimes, and I want to be sure that you can restore everything.

Also, I’m getting an incorrect password message when trying to log-in. Can you please also check that?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.