Extending Search Functions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Extending Search Functions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeremyredkey
    jeremyredkey
    Participant

To Whom It May Concern,

I would like to extend your awesome Ajax Search Pro plugin, is it possible to have the search crawl an external page? I want my current site to crawl: http://sgmh.uat.staywellknowledgebase.com/ and pop up with results but unsure of how to do so. Also, I would like to use CSS on the autocorrection feature to stylize it to my needs, but am unsure of how to do so.

Thank you for your time and help,

Jeremy Redkey
    Web Developer
    951-463-0483

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

That unfortunately is beyond the plugins capabilities. The search uses the local database to search for content, not the actual visible content. Therefore it is not possible to index 3rd party sites, I’m sorry.

It depends on how do you want to style the autocomplete. It is a secondary input, that is absolutely positioned just above the search input field, so it hovers under it. Basically the search an the autocomplete are on top of each other. The autocomplete input field can be accessed with custom CSS rules like so:

.proinput input.autocomplete {
       color: red !important;
    }

This sample code will change the color of the text to red.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.