Failed update: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Failed update: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by codigo3net85 codigo3net85 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    codigo3net85
    codigo3net85
    Participant

Hello! how are you?

Despite i have activated my license in my website, nor automatic updates or manual updates are working. I always getting: Failed update: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided., this happens when i try to update at the Plugins list page and in the Dashboard / Updates.

In fact this happens algo in another website with licence 8ebd54e7-0614-4316-a0a9-f6f4c61e07de https://voydecompras.store/

Any ideas why is this?
    Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The server may not have CURL enabled, or may have a firewall to access the download URI or something similar (security plugin etc..). I checked the server database, I see the request from that purchase code, so that went through all right from our side. One other thing could be, that the server has an file upload limit via a php.ini configuration, and may not allow the access to files above 2MB. I suggest checking that first, as most plugins are way beyond 2MB of file size, and you can bump into similar issues in the future.
    Try manual updates via uploading the plugin file instead, it should work all right. If that does not work either, then you should ask your server administrator what could be wrong.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

codigo3net85
    codigo3net85
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed, that is strange.

I did a debugging session on your site via FTP to see if I can find any traces of issues, but everything was normal, even so that WordPress did actually download the latest update itself, but after that it simply just failed.
    Anyways, I think I managed to find a better resolution to this issue, which should work on your end as well. After the next update – probably after 4.20.5 the automatic updater should give you no issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

codigo3net85
    codigo3net85
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.