Fatal Error on PHP 8 in /wp-admin/admin.php?page=asp_settings

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Fatal Error on PHP 8 in /wp-admin/admin.php?page=asp_settings

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    niumalta96
    niumalta96
    Participant

SFTP Port: 46758

We are running our site on PHP 8. However in the admin area we are getting the below fatal error:

– PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: Unknown format specifier “”” in /www/alfmizzilava_932/public/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/backend/tabs/instance/general/behaviour.php:239

When we changed <a href="%" target="_blank">More information here.</a> to <a href="%s" target="_blank">More information here.</a> it got fixed.

Can you please fix from your end where applicable so that we can have it run on PHP 8?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is indeed a known issue, it was reported a few days ago. I tried to log-in with the sFTP details, but it didn’t work for some reason (tried both 22 and the 46758 ports).

There is a solution though, you can try following these instructions, if you want to quickly fix it for yourself.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

niumalta96
    niumalta96
    Participant

We have already updated the backend to work for us. We just wanted to know that once we update the plugin with future releases the issue does not resurface.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much, we will surely include this fix in the upcoming release then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.