Filter results -exact match

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter results -exact match

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    neilaustin
    neilaustin
    Participant

Morning Ernest

Thank you for responding so promptly to my last question, info helped to resolve problem.

1) What i am currently struggling with is search results. I enter a postcode from the dropdown and in this testing phase only 1 page has the postcode FY6. Whilst this is returned in the results I get other results when what I need is the specific result. I’ve gone through behavior and logic and cannot see where I set an “exact match” only option. Can you help

2) The results returned from the page show as a list which extends the page, is it possible to have this as a window or are other formats available?

Kind regards

Neil

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You are very welcome Neil!

1. I tried to select the ‘FY6’ from the list, and I got these 4 results there:
    Then I checked if those pages on the editor screen, if they have the FY6 category selected, but it appears, that they all do: result 1, result 2, result 3, result 4
    It seems to be correct to me. Can you please check that?

2. Well, with the hidden search bar it automatically switches to block layout, as it does not have a reference point anymore. I have looked at the implementation, and with custom CSS you can sort-of hack it to hover a bit below the selection box, like this.

I used this custom CSS to achieve that:

#panel-10802-3-1-1 .so-widget-sow-editor.so-widget-sow-editor-base {
        position: relative;
    }

div#panel-10802-4-0-1 {
        z-index: 0;
        position: relative;
    }

.asp_r_5 {
        position: absolute !important;
        z-index: 1 !important;
        top: 170px !important;
        left: 0 !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.