Filter search results based on authentication status

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filter search results based on authentication status

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    philip29
    philip29
    Participant

Hello

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to remove search results containing restricted content if the person performing the search is not authenticated.

I found this support article, which indicates yes, you can remove restricted content from search results. However we are using MemberPress, and have Apache Solr as our search backend.

https://knowledgebase.ajaxsearchpro.com/miscellaneous/post-types/restricting-results-by-user-groups-using-the-groups-plugin-by-itthinx

In my testing, our search results currently contain content from all pages/posts, regardless of authentication status. Can we use the code snippet from the link above to protect MemberPress-controlled content?

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It should be possible, but a API method is required from the other plugin. The best would be a function that can check if the current user has access to a post by it’s ID.
    Let me know if there is any method in memberpress, and I can help you with the implementation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

philip29
    philip29
    Participant

He Ernest

MemberPress support suggested trying MeprRule::is_locked($r)

function asp_fix_groups_exclusions($results) {
    	// Group based exclusions
    	if ( class_exists('MeprRule') ) {
    		foreach ($results as $k => &$r) {
    			if ( isset($r->post_type) && MeprRule::is_locked($r) )
    				unset($results[$k]);
    		}
    	}
    	return $results;
    }
    add_filter('asp_results', 'asp_fix_groups_exclusions', 10, 1);

This had no effect, all results were returned to all users. Do you see any issues with the code? This was placed in a child theme’s functions.php.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That looks almost all right, but the $r variable in that case does not contain a post object, so this should be it:

add_filter('asp_results', 'asp_fix_groups_exclusions', 10, 1);
    function asp_fix_groups_exclusions($results) {
    	// Group based exclusions
    	if ( class_exists('MeprRule') ) {
    		foreach ($results as $k => &$r) {
    			if ( isset($r->post_type) ) {
    				$post    = get_post( $r->id );
    				if ( MeprRule::is_locked($post) )
    					unset($results[$k]);
    			}
    		}
    	}
    	return $results;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

philip29
    philip29
    Participant

Thank you, Ernest. Unfortunately it is still not working. I believe I’ve found a different way to address the issue: multiple ASP search forms, each with different constraints and conditionally displayed based on login status.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That sounds like a perfect solutions, although I don’t know why the other one does not work, the code seems to be all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.