Filtering by categories doesn't work properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filtering by categories doesn't work properly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    massimo
    massimo
    Participant

We’ve pages with categories, and We want to filter It by category using a dropdown list, the issue comes when We try that, and It doesn’t filter anything, just show all the results. But when We change the dropdown by a checkbox selector, It filters correctly.

I was trying to fix it using the documentation and searching in the public forum, but I didn’t find a solution yet.

I will attach 2 screenshots, one with the dropdown and the other one with checkboxes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details!

Usually the issue in these cases is that there might be taxonomy term inclusions set. Make sure to check that and unset that option.

Those will override the filters under specific circumstances. It seemingly works with checkboxes, because the unchecked ones are excluded – but with drop-down it has obviously no effect as a drop-down is inclusive and not exclusive.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

massimo
    massimo
    Participant

Thank you!

I have not noticed the included categories that I had previously added days ago.

A screenshot with the dropdown selector working is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome 🙂 I’m happy it’s now working.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.