Filters not working on non-ajax results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Filters not working on non-ajax results

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    andreaforman
    andreaforman
    Participant

Hello,

I purchased recently your plugin and I am planning to use it on a rental website. I managed to use my theme’s search.php for the search results but I have 1 problem. It seems the filters (custom fields meta) only work when I use the AJAX version of your plugin. As soon as I switch to display the results using my theme’s template, I get mixed properties results. Let’s say if I choose only properties with 2 bedrooms, using the AJAX version, I get the correct results but if I choose the non-AJAX version, I get properties with all kind of bedroom numbers.

Any Clue? Do you want to see my website?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

By non-ajax results you mean whenever the return button or the search icon is clicked and redirected to the results page?

In that case, make sure to enable the search results override feature. That will try to replace the results with the ones displayed in the ajax results list.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

andreaforman
    andreaforman
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure, you can edit your first response to add the FTP and back-end details, or in the text of your next response, just make sure to mark it private.

I suspect the theme might have a search override of it’s own. It is very rare, and extremely hard to solve, but I will see what I can do about it. Will check it first, then let you know what I found.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

andreaforman
    andreaforman
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    andreaforman
    andreaforman
    Participant

And another thing, when I do the price filtering of a property, is there any way to select the operator as EQUAL OR LESS?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The redirection on return key or by clicking the magnifier icon should work even if there is no keyword entered. Make sure that the minimal character count for trigger is set to 0 (as by default): https://i.imgur.com/cHyiwTr.png
    That way the plugin should recirect even if there is no keyword.

Unfortunately currently there is only a LESS or MORE operator available, but I think this is a really great idea to add both equal or less and equal or more as well. I will make sure to implement this in the next release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.