fixed width needed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mike Jennings Mike Jennings 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Jennings
    Mike Jennings
    Participant

Currently the search is 100% and I cannot easily make it smaller. The site owner does not want it 100%, more like 400px wide flush right. Please advise how I can do this as I cannot find any documentation on how to do it.

My personal email is [email protected]

The page to view is set to private so you must log into the website to see the example search bar.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Before I log into your site I may advise you. Create a div element with the desired width and put the search shortcode inside of it, like this:

<div style='width:400px;'>
      <?php echo do_shortcode("wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro..."); ?>
    </div>

Replace the second line with the proper shortcode found in the search configuration page. Let me know if it helps.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Mike Jennings
    Mike Jennings
    Participant

After I sent this message I realized that I did not even have access to the style sheets and that was why I was having a hard time doing this. They have the CSS files on a test server which I cannot edit. I knew this was the fix but I thought there was something else I was missing.

Here is the instance of the site to which I am speaking.

http://test.lavieweagleeye.netdna-cdn.com/

All of the CSS files are coming from this site. Thanks for the quick response though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.