Form field filling using Ajax Search Pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Form field filling using Ajax Search Pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gallicantus92
    gallicantus92
    Participant

Hello guys!
    We would like to use the Ajax Search Pro search result to fill in a form field with the value that the search produces.

We tried to do this using this https://knowledgebase.ajaxsearchpro.com/hooks/filters/asp_before_ajax_output but the server returns Error 500 on the plugin results window.

We would like to know if there is a possible way to make this happen, working “after ajax output”, perhaps using a javascript after selecting the search result.

Do you think there is a way forward?
    If it were possible I’d be very grateful, thanks in advance
    Stefano

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Stefano,

I believe you are looking for the javascript API. You could try to attach an event handler to the “asp_search_end” event, to get the values from the results box you need. This requires some programming knowledge though. If you need help, I usually recommend Envato Studio to look for custom developers.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

gallicantus92
    gallicantus92
    Participant

Thank you very much Ernest, your support is great as your plug-in, asp_search_end event worked perfectly!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.