Google Analytics Search Terms

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Google Analytics Search Terms

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    meta186
    meta186
    Participant

Hi,

I purchased and installed Ajax Search Pro today. The search is working. We purchased and installed the plugin so that we could see what content was important or missing from our site. So, far we cannot see what people are searching for.

I have a few questions…

1) I do not see any Search Terms in Google Analytics… I have checked under “Behavior -> Site Search -> Search Terms”.

Note: I do see that “ASP 1 | Main Search Form” is showing up in the “Behavior -> Events -> Overview” page.

We use the Google Site

2) Is there any other way to view the search terms?

3) Is it possible to filter Pages from the results that are set to “noindex”?

Regards,

Jim Czekner

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps us a lot.

1 & 2. Site search terms are triggered whenever the search results page is displayed. Currently you have the ajax search pro configured to trigger specific events. Events are different from that – those trigger on specific search actions.
    You can however change the method from Event tracking to pageview: https://i.imgur.com/hfhcFXs.png
    In that case whenever the live search is triggered the plugin sends a “pageview” as if it was done via the results page. These should eventually show up as search queries. You can even use custom query variable, explained in this documentation.

3. I am not sure about that, it depends. Is this noindex attribute set somewhere in wordpress or via robots.txt file?
    You have multiple options to exclude results. One is to exclude them by categories/taxonomy terms or by tags. There is also an option to exclude them by custom field values. If nothing else is left, it is still possible to exclude them manually.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

meta186
    meta186
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

This is really great feedback. I will look into your recommendations. ASP is very powerful. Thanks.

Final questions…

4) We are planning on implementing a knowledge base on our website. It looks like BasePress (https://codesavory.com/) will work well for us. Do you know if ASP be able to search the knowledge base articles?

5) Do you have any recommendation for a good knowledge base system that definitely works with ASP?

Regards,

Jim Czekner

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are welcome!

4 & 5. I am not familiar with knowledge base plugins. Anything, which uses custom post types to store the knowledge base data should work just fine. I assume most plugins work that way.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.