- January 5, 2017 at 12:36 pm #11468
Hi Ernest, here’s what I want to do:
1) When landing on http://22.214.171.124/~abamboco/goodsafariguide.com/find-a-lodge/, the user sees the full range of lodges. These are posts with the appropriate customer field data identifying them as being lodges. No other posts/pages should be displayed.
2) Have five sets of search filter criteria listed below the search bar (at the moment there’s just “Country”).
3) Each lodge is created as a WP post. I will add the search criteria filter terms as custom fields. Unless you think that these would be better created as WP pages instead of posts???
4) The thumbnails of the lodges should appear in their own area. (I know that I need to add a shortcode to the theme column element to do that).
I have created two posts, to use a test examples. Alfajiri Villas (Country: Kenya) and “Abu Camp’ (country: Botswana).
At the moment, the filtering doesn’t seem to work correctly. For example I have “Abu Camp” set with a customer filed of Botswana, but clicking on the country filter radio button shows both of them.
Thanks in advance for your help.
GeeJanuary 5, 2017 at 1:11 pm #11469
Thanks for the details! I’ve quickly logged in to check your configuration, and I have found everything okay, except one option, which caused the issue in this case. As the operator the “EQUALS” was selected for the filter, which is a numeric operator, and it does not work with text values. I’ve changed it to “EXACTLY LIKE”, and it appears to be working correctly now: https://i.imgur.com/IXqDY2s.png
It’s a very common mistake, I’ve done it countless times before.
I believe you are doing a good job here, I would definitely recommend using WP Posts, not pages, as pages does not support taxonomy terms (categories, tags), and you might need them in the future.Best,
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
January 5, 2017 at 2:05 pm #11470
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Ernest. Amazing how just one small change can solve the issue.
One more question, if that’s OK: Is there a way to add a ‘clear all’ button for users, to reset all filter criteria?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.